WOMEN IN TECH WEEK FESTIVAL
Women in Tech Week Festival is the flagship festive event of Women in Tech Africa. It is an annual week-long event for women across the globe, celebrated simultaneously both physically and virtually to celebrate success and impact through leadership training, peer learning and workshops.
The Women in Tech Week festival sets out to;
- Support female leadership in the technological field
- Create a pipeline for girls to choose technology
- Encourage female entrepreneurship.
The festive season brings together women and girls in the fields of technology and entrepreneurship and provides a platform to interact, network and share ideas on themes bordering on Technology, Entrepreneurship, Work-life balance, and Leadership. It also assembles well accomplished and renowned speakers in the Technological space, Entrepreneurs, Government officials, Members of the Diplomatic corps and Non-Governmental Agencies.
In September 2016, marking its maiden event, Women in Tech Week attracted a large number of audience of over 10,000 participants.
Last year saw a growth in participation as the event reached over 12,000 participants both physically and virtually from countries like;
- Nigeria (Lagos and Port Harcourt)
- The Gambia
- Cape Verde
- South Africa
This year’s event with a target of 20,000 participants, is from the 18th -22nd September 2018 and promises to be more educative and exciting.
Themes slated for the period include;
- Day 1 – Digital Africa Day
- DAY 2 – Tech and X Day (Tech and Agric, Tech and Health, Tech and Commerce, Tech and Architecture etc.)
- DAY 3 – Teach a Skill Day
- DAY 4 – Entrepreneurial Growth and Scale Day
- DAY 5 – Career Leadership
Topics to be discussed under these themes will include, Digital Marketplaces,
Virtual Reality, Machine Learning, Financing your start-up, Crowdfunding, Skill building as a business, Strategies to survive in a male-driven culture and many more.
This year will also see new additions such as;
- Sierra Leone